Sunday, February 5, 2012

Falloutzine and the Grindcore/Black & Deathmetal Scene?

Just a little PSA for all of you out there in cyber-land on this lazy Sunday.
I have been getting a lot of requests to book/review & promote various Black/Death/Grind/Core/NU Mainstreamy type metal bands & shows and I just wanted to take a minute to let everyone know exactly what is going on with that stuff.

I started Falloutzine with the sole intentions of focusing on the Speed/Power/Thrash/Crossover & Traditional Heavy Metal scene in our local and surrounding areas, which is something that is very unique and meaningful to me. This is a particular section of metal which I am extremely passionate about and feel has been neglected for quite sometime.

While underground metal as a whole is just that, underground, I feel that there is, has and will continue to be more than enough support for the Black/Death & Grindcore scene in our area and abroad compared to the backseat Thrash/Speed etc has taken with the view of being something of an outdated past time.

What I am getting at here is that while it may seem or sound a bit dickish or even snobby to some people, I mean absolutely no offense to anyone out there who I may cross paths with that is pursuing their own passions. But, the fact of the matter is that Falloutzine is dedicated to supporting a very particular section of music which I love and there is only so much time and energy that can be dedicated to such things.

Anyone contacting me in regards to a band or show outside of the boundaries I have limited myself to will always get my full attention in directing them towards another local promoter/zine etc that can help them out far more than I possibly could.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment